Level 4 Part 2 – Past Subjunctive
The first part of this course will teach you the Past or Imperfect Subjunctive. This tense portrays events that you wanted to happen in the past but did not happen: I wanted you to work yesterday.
It was important that you worked yesterday.
The second part of this course will teach you to combine the Imperfect Subjunctive and Pluperfect Subjunctive with the Conditional tense to express events in the past that are contrary to fact:
If I knew, I would go. If I had known, I would have gone.
This is the top of the Spanish tense pyramid and finishes up your study of the tenses. You have now studied the Seven Indicative Tenses and the two Subjunctive tenses. The next step is to practice until you can retrieve the verb forms automatically.
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- You will learn to use the Pluperfect Subjunctive with the Perfect Conditional to express events in the past contrary to fact.
- These are events that would have happened or might have happened.
- If I knew, I would go. If I had known I would have gone.
Tools included with this course
- 20 twenty minute video lessons with Warren Hardy
- Downloadable, self-correcting workbook